Friday, June 5, 2009

Just Jump already! What are you waiting for?


"Leadership is doing what everyone else says they will do." 

What have you said you "will do?"  Climb a peak, sky dive, forgive, love, settle down, build a company, chase a dream, travel the world, or something else?

Let me ask you, what are you waiting for?  More money?  More time?  More courage?  

Whatever it is, it's probably just an excuse to put your real living off for another day, another year, or another lifetime.

Every year I take a group, of anyone who wants to go, Skydiving.  My trip was this past Saturday (National Cancer Survivor's Day).  We had a great group and a great jump.  It can be a life changing experience and everyone who goes loves it.  Especially once they get to the ground.

But, if I went Skydiving with everyone who told me "I would love to do that!" "I've always wanted to go!"  A thousand people would have jumped by now.  My question to them is "what are you waiting for?"

What is your I've always wanted to ____________.?
  • Take my dream vacation?
  • Start my own business?
  • Forgive that family member?
  • Write a book?
  • Get engaged?
  • Learn to play the guitar, ride a motorcycle, etc?
  • Go Skydiving?
What are you waiting for?  Whatever it is, it's very likely a poor reason to put your dreams on hold.  It doesn't matter if you are 23 or 73, you really don't know how long you have to drink up every drop of life you can.  Waiting is rarely a good idea.  Waiting is the same thing as making the decision not to do it.  Either way, you're not doing it.

As a cancer survivor I've realized life is too short to be waiting for a better time.  Your life...my life is now.  Take that dream vacation every year.  Put a plan in place to start that business, write that book, go skydiving.  We only get one time around - one shot at this life- What are you doing with yours?

Enjoy Life now,

Jon Bohm









1 comment:

Online College Insider said...

I hear ya. I'm one of those "I really want to do it," but let money stand in the way. Great message and thanks for slapping me in the face with it. I've heard it before but this time it will sink in!!